Management and Analysis Software
SutterPatch® software is a full-featured electrophysiology data acquisition, management and analysis application for Windows or Mac OS computers. SutterPatch comes bundled with the Sutter Instrument IPA® Integrated Patch Amplifiers. The software controls data acquisition, provides real-time measurements to aid decision making during the experiment, keeps track of all amplifier parameters, records the experimental progress and stores a set of up to 500 metadata parameters. Built within the newly released version 7 of Igor Pro by WaveMetrics, Inc., SutterPatch provides immediate access to Igor’s powerful scientific and engineering analysis tools.
Particular emphasis was put into intuitive navigation through large data sets. Controls that are familiar from electrophysiology software or applications in other fields, as well as entirely new approaches make finding a particular section of an experiment very easy.
The structured architecture of the data files was designed to retain the context of every sample within an experiment. With little effort at the beginning of an experiment, a plethora of metadata parameters is recorded – automatically where possible, configured by the user where desired. Each parameter can be reviewed before a Paradigm or Routine is executed.
SutterPatch software comes with a collection of sample Paradigms and Routines that help configuring commonly executed experimental scenarios.
SutterPatch provides real-time analysis capability that creates graphs like I-V curves or a time course plot while the experiment is in progress. Up to 8 analysis graphs can be shown, each derived from 16 possible measurements from the input signals. Analyses include mean, slope, rise time, frequency of threshold crossing, etc. This facilitates making decisions about the further course of an experiment.
In addition to real-time analysis, reanalysis after the experiment allows performing the most sophisticated analysis procedures. SutterPatch adds application-specific capabilities on top of the expansive analysis feature set that is native to Igor Pro 7. Equations and Variables facilitate the use of more complex algorithms in both Routines and Paradigms.
S U T T E R P A T C H F E A T U R E S
- NEW: Support for multi-amplifier mode for any combination of two IPA® or Double IPA® devices. Up to 16 input channels supported.
- Scope Windows provides intuitive, efficient navigation through your data
- Zoom control buttons and sliders
- Drag along axis to zoom in
- Mouse wheel zoom
- Marquee zoom
- Scroll bars
- Sweep, time course and concatenated display
- Novel 3D display
- Unique Overview Navigator for panormaic examination of and convenient movement within a data section
- Paradigm Review window gives quick access to individual Routine Data
- Routines control data acquisition with or without application of command waveforms
- Sample Routine Pool with pre-configured Paradigms for many common applications
- Hard-wired signals from Sutter Instrument hardware and auxiliary input signals are recorded
- The command signal as applied to the cell is monitored and recorded
- Multi-amplifier mode: A combination of any two IPA or Double IPA Amplifiers can be connected, providing up to 16 input channels
- Analog and digital output signals control periphery and third-party information
- Up to 50 Segments per Sweep for utmost flexibility in shaping the most complex command waveforms
- Preconfigured Segment shapes such as Sine, Square, and Chirp for easy waveform design
- Waveform Template enables “playback” of a recorded signal to a cell or applying a mathmatical expression as a waveform
- Measurements provide the basis for real-time analysis and enable decision making in the course of the experiment
- Paradigms enable process automation and eliminate operator bias
- Sample Paradigm Pool with pre-configured Paradigms for many common applications
- Configure the amplifier to reproducible standard settings
- Acquisition of Routine sequences enables pre-planned experimentation and minimizes operator bias
- Flow control for interactive or automated decision-making during the experiment
- Chaining Paradigms provides added flexibility
- Automatic creation of Layouts for standardized documentation
- The Data Navigator displays the entire experiment in a tree structure
- Preview of the first acquired signal
- Quick access to Paradigm Review, Reanalysis Scope, Metadata and Routine information
- Real-time and off-line analysis
- Measurements configured as part of Routines create real-time graphs
- Paradigms can access measurements for further real-time analysis
- Equations and variables provide utmost flexibility
- Event detection using a high-performance, deconvolution-based algorithm
- Easily exports data to Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs for compatibility with existing analysis procedures
- A wealth of native Igor Pro 7 analysis features
- Windows 7 or later: 64-bit versions
- Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) or newer
Check your Macintosh operating system version via the menu: Apple > About this Mac
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): Dual-core
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 3 GB
- Hard Disk Free Space: 500 MB
- Display Resolution: 1024 x 768 (XGA)
- Computer Ports: (1) USB 2 high-speed or USB 3 port
- Random Access Memory (RAM): 16 GB
- Display Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD)
USB 3 ports are compatible with USB 2 high-speed specifications.
Slower USB 2 ‘full-speed’ ports, which are sometimes found on older Windows PCs or USB add-in cards, are not supported.
To check for high-speed USB 2 or USB 3 on a PC computer running Windows, look in the Control Panel > Device Manager > Universal Serial Bus controllers section for “Enhanced” host controllers. As this does not provide any mapping information to the computer’s physical ports, and there can be a mix of USB port versions, you should check individual USB ports for USB 2/3 high-speed operational performance. As a visual indicator, USB 3 ports are often color coded blue.
SutterPatch Software comes as part of the IPA® Integrated Patch Amplifier and includes a license of Igor Pro 7 by WaveMetrics, Inc. The full installers available on this page include the Igor Pro 7 installer. If you previously installed SutterPatch Software and your Igor Pro 7 is the latest version available, use the SutterPatch Updater to only update the SutterPatch components.
SutterPatch v1.1.4 (build 180); February 13th, 2018 - Release Notes
Windows Installers (Windows 7 or later, 64-bit)
- We do not recommended using the SutterPatch Updater to install SutterPatch Software on top of an existing standalone installation of Igor Pro 7. If you already have Igor Pro 7 on your computer, please use one of the following methods to install SutterPatch Software:
- Use the Full Installer to update the existing Igor Pro 7 and install SutterPatch.
- Uninstall Igor Pro 7 and install SutterPatch using the Full Installer. Remember to backup your Igor user files before uninstalling!
- Create a second installation of Igor Pro 7 using the Full Installer. This should only be done in special cases and is not advised.
- SutterPatch is NOT compatible with Igor Pro version 6. Igor Pro 7 64-bit is required, and comes bundled with SutterPatch Software. See the System Requirements tab for the full list of hardware and software requirements.
- Igor Pro 7 and SutterPatch Software may be installed in addition to an existing Igor Pro 6 installation.
If you are planning to evaluate SutterPatch and Igor Pro 7, you can activate a trial license of Igor Pro. After 30 days, a number of features, such as saving, printing and copying to the clipboard will be disabled.